Sun, 26 Mar|
Bethel Presbyterian Church @ Poh Huat
Relationship Q&A | SCSG x CapoHJB x Cliff Tam & Tam Wai Jia
How can we navigate through the practical challenges and questions faced by Christian singles? Join us for an evening of worship, Q&A and dinner fellowship. Read more: https://www.sacredcompanionsg.com/event-details/relationship-q-a-scsg-x-capohjb-x-cliff-tam-tam-wai-jia
Time & Location
26 Mar 2023, 4:00 pm – 7:00 pm
Bethel Presbyterian Church @ Poh Huat, 5 Poh Huat Rd, Singapore 546703
About the Event
- Date - 26 March 2023 (Sunday)
- Time - 4pm - 7pm
- Venue - 5 Poh Huat Road
- Fee - $8/pax (*sponsored by Bethel Presbyterian Church @ Poh Huat)
Click here to view speaker profiles.
- 4.00pm - Registration
- 4.15pm - Welcome
- 4.30pm - Opening worship
- 4.45pm - Fireside chat
- 5.45pm - Closing worship
- 6.00pm - Dinner fellowship
- 7.00pm - End
Sample questions on identity:
- As a single, do you ever feel something's wrong with you? How do you deal with that feeling?
- Do you feel a sense of shame about being single?
- Have you ever thought it would be best to adjust your personality in order to attract a man who might otherwise be intimidated by you?
- How will I ever experience satisfaction in life with unfulfilled desires and longings this basic to my person?
Sample questions on loneliness:
- How often do you feel really lonely?
- What sort of relationships do you cultivate in your life to keep from getting lonely?
- How do you deal with sadness and jealousy when a friend gets engaged/married, or announces she’s pregnant?
- How do you handle the fear of being alone in your old age, with no one to care for you?
Sample questions on dating:
- If I go out of my way to try to meet a spouse, does that mean I’m not trusting God’s sovereignty?
- What do you think about online dating?
- How can I trust God when I’ve been dateless for a decade?
- What does it mean to be equally yoked? Does spiritual maturity matter and how to ascertain that?
- Can single women and single men of comparable dating ages “just be friends,” and if so, how?
- What if I meet someone from a different denomination? How can we bridge the differences?
- How fast should I open up on deep topics and be vulnerable in a relationship?
- When do I go exclusive with someone?
- How do I pursue someone of the opposite sex I’m interested in?
- What’s the most important thing I should consider in my pursuit?
- What about singleness, is it wrong to be or stay single?
- Does marriage "resolve" loneliness?